A leading information management solutions software company decided to expand their learning offerings by including more eLearning options to supplement their existing instructor-led training (ILT). The lead curriculum developer had extensive experience with developing instructor-led training and was very familiar with learning best practices but the shift towards developing more eLearning presented a challenge.
How AI and LEAi accelerated content creation
The company already had other learning content creators using LEAi and decided to see how the tool would do with eLearning content.
The instructional designer first spent some time with the team at LearnExperts to get some tips on creating eLearning and how to evolve their existing learning development processes. They then set about creating the company’s first eLearning course using LEAi. This is what they found:
- Importing the existing material into LEAi and applying the training structure was much easier than they expected.
- The generative AI smart templates within LEAi eliminated the question of “where do I start?” as it automatically created the learning objectives, demonstrations, exercises, and test questions.
- The instructional designer was able to publish their eLearning course directly to the company’s LMS.
The time savings were phenomenal.
- Using storyboarding approach focused strictly on text and images, the instructional designer estimated that it would take them over 365 hours to build eLearning content for 10 chapters.
- With LEAi, the instructional designer built rich eLearning content including the review cycle and feedback implementation and generation of SCORM output, in less than half that time.
- LEAi was able to deliver more learning features and almost a 50% reduction in effort when compared to storyboarding.
Since creating their first eLearning course, the instructional designer has published the course and is getting rave reviews from their learners. They plan to create a full eLearning program to complement their existing instructor-led catalog and the company has expanded their use of the tool by adding 10 additional users to support the development of their eLearning portfolio.
LEAi was able to deliver more learning features in half the time when compared to storyboarding.
Learn more about how LEAi can help you.